POSTPONED! 2022 Techstars Startup Weekend
WELCOME TO STARTUP WEEKEND!
Join the Invent Penn State LaunchBoxes from Penn State Great Valley, Abington and Brandywine for the first greater Philadelphia Launchbox Startup Weekend!
WHEN: Friday October 7th (evening) through Sunday October 9th
WHERE: Penn State Great Valley Campus (30 Swedesford Road, Malvern PA)
Learn how to think, work, and build like a startup in 54 thrilling hours. Techstars Startup Weekend is an exciting and immersive foray into the world of startups. Over an action-packed three days, you’ll meet the very best mentors, investors, co-founders and sponsors to show you how to get more done faster — and, maybe even start that business.
If you have never participated in a Startup Weekend before check the video below for a peak inside and the video at the bottom of this page for a recap of 2019 StartUp Weekend held at Penn State Great Valley .
If you are interested in entrepreneurship, an early stage company, an internal team at a corporation looking to flush out a new idea … this is the event for you!
For the first time we will be allowing early stage startups and founders to register as their company and work on their business idea for the entire weekend.
All participants will have access to one on one coaching sessions and team coaching sessions from some of the top mentors in the region!
General Attendee Tickets: Single ticket perfect for early entrepreneurs, people thinking of starting their own businesses or professionals in industry that want to think more entrepreneurially.
Company Tickets: Provides a team ticket for 3 attendee that are registering as a team. A team is defined as an early stage start up actively pursuing their idea but pre-revenue or a team made up from professionals in industry (any industry or any company is welcome)
Penn State Student Tickets: Single general attendee ticket for ANY Penn State student. Must register using your Penn State email address.
General Student Ticket: Single general attendee ticket for any student. Must register using your school email address (<name>@<school>.edu
*all tickets include dinner on Friday, Breakfast | Lunch and Dinner on Saturday and Breakfast and Lunch on Sunday.
- General Attendee Single Ticket – $50
- Company Ticket (3 team members) – $200
- Penn State Student Ticket – $5
- General Student Ticket – $15
- 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM Registration – Arrive at the venue and get checked in
- 7:00 PM – 7:30 PM Dinner & Networking – Eat, share ideas, practice pitches, get to know fellow participants
- 8:00 PM – 8:30 PM Welcome – Review agenda for the weekend and introduce facilitators, coaches, and community leaders
- 8:30 PM – 9:30 PM Pitches Start – Optionally line up to give your pitch
- 9:30 PM – 10:00 PM Voting – Attendees vote for the top pitches
- 10:00 PM – 10:30 PM Form Teams – Teams start forming and discussing ideas
- 10:30 PM Begin Work – Start to formalize teams and take an inventory of skills.
- 8:30 AM – 9:15 AM Breakfast – Arrive, simple breakfast & coffee
- 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM Begin Work – Teams formed and setting up workspace for the weekend
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM Check-In – After-lunch check-in, status reports, call for help
- 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM Group Workshops (optional) – Attend optional workshop
- 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM Mentoring sessions – Mentors help teams one-on-one. They are here to help!
- 7:00 PM – 7:30 PM Dinner
- 8:30 PM – 9:00 PM Check-In – After-dinner check-in, status reports, call for help
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM Breakfast – Arrive, simple breakfast & coffee
- 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM Team Check In – Ask questions, get advice
- 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM Pitch Prep & Rehearsal – Final hours of work time should be focused on perfecting your presentation, tech-check for final presentations also takes place
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Final Presentation – Present, Watch and celebrate all of your hard work throughout the weekend!
- 5:15 PM – 5:45 PM Judges Annouce Winners
Director & Entrepreneur In Residence Penn State Great Valley LaunchBox | Entrepreneur
Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Penn State Brandywine
Lecturer of Management and Entrepreneurship | Director - Abington LaunchBox, Penn State Abington
Startup Weekend Facilitator | Author | Coach | Speaker
T & C's
Terms of Participation Agreement: It is our job to provide you with an incredible networking and learning experience. Our intention is that you meet some amazing people that you might start a company with, learn from mentors as well as learning from your peers. The event is intended to be a collaborative forum for sharing, learning, building, and having fun. As such, by registering as a participant, you acknowledge that any ideas shared by you or anyone else over the course of the event are contributions to the overall experience and community. If you’re very concerned, you can limit your pitch to the rough outline of the idea without giving away key information.
As a member of your startup community, you agree to be inclusive of any and all people and their ideas. You agree to act professionally, treat everyone with respect, and treat the event facilities with proper care. You agree that you are responsible in the event of any accidents or damages that you cause. You also agree to not hold Techstars Startup Weekend, your local volunteer team, or any of the event supporters liable for any loss, damage, injury, or any other unforeseeable incident.
By participating in the event, you grant Techstars Startup Weekend permission to capture photos/videos of the event.
Coaches and Judges are subject to change.
Global Sponsors of Techstars StartUp Weekend
If you require a reimbursement please contact the event organizer.